New life and vitality for tired skin
UV light, exhaust fumes and dry air, heat and cold, long nights, stress and unhealthy habits: Our skin goes through a lot and is exposed to lots of stress factors on a daily basis. It is no surprise that leaves marks, and the skin starts loking tired, pale and grey.
That may be temporary – or more frequent the older you get. Age-related changes, too, influence the life and radiance of the skin. More wrinkles, sunken cheeks, tear sacs and sagging eye areas show that the skin is „burned out“.
Some well-aimed measures, however, can give your skin the much needed freshness kick! With them your skin receives new vitality and radiance – they may even make a few years magically „disappear“.
Tired skin has lost its bounce
If the skin is cared for and nourished badly, stressed by environmental influences and lack of moisture, or gets too little sleep for efficient regeneration, its processes and functions are stalled and slowed. The metabolism and blood flow slow down, protective and immune systems weaken, and regeneration works only sluggishly.
That becomes visible quickly: A formerly rosy, fresh and taut complexion turns into dull, sagging and pale skin. Often it is also dry and irritated. As one ages, this happens more frequently, as the skin’s ability to regenerate lessens.
It is a part of the natural ageing process of the skin that the stabilising collagen fibres lose their strength. As collagen usually stores water and pads and smoothens the skin from within, this effect becomes weaker as well: The skin becomes less supple and taut, shows wrinkles and loses volume and contures.
Tired skin: nourishing and revitalising it
Visibly tired skin is no reason to despair. If we just care for it better and pamper it with the right products it will thank us quite quickly – and radiate from within. Tipps that help give your skin its bounce back:
Maintenance from within
• Get your beauty sleep, as sleep is the best anti-ageing product! During your sleep a growth hormone is produced that promotes the regeneration of your skin cells. For this it is important to get a long enough deep sleep phase. If your sleep lacks those, your skin will become thinner and get more wrinkles. That is why you should get 7-8 hours of sleep every night.
• Drink, drink, drink, ideally at least 1 ½ to 2 litres of water a day. That supports the skin’s meatbolism, promotes a better blood flow, oxygen supply and self-cleaning, and creates good water padding.
• Vary your food. A balanced diet containing lots of fresh fruit, vegetables and whole grain products guarantees the necessary provision of the skin with „beautifiers“ from within.
• Hands off the alcohol, cigarettes and too much sugar. They are poison for the skin and promote sagging, wrinkles and pimples.
• Move a lot, ideally work up a sweat. That stimulates the blood flow and supplies the skin with oxygen and nutrients while flushing and sweating out toxins.
• Face yoga works wonders! It specifically trains certain face areas and prevents loss of conture. It strengthens or relaxes – depending on the exercise – the tissue and supports the skin’s blood flow. It refreshes the complexion, smoothens – regularly exercised – wrinkles, relaxes tense features and prevents things like tear sacs.
Maintenance from outside
• For a quick-acting freshness kick you can utilise vitalising stimuli from outside. For example: Put 1-2 ice cubes in a towel and pad your face with it. The skin will immediately look fresher and more rosy.
Or: Apply a gentle peeling (not in cases of sensitive skin). That removes old, dead horn cells that make the skin appear grey, and massage the skin eith a small abrasive grain.
Also helpful: Knock your facial skin with your fingers after creaming. Tug at your skin evenly. That stimulates the blood and lymph flow.
• For new vitality with daily care, choose products that – long term – support the natural skin functions and the regenerative capabilities, that give your skin „revitalising power“ and literally go under your skin.
• Unrefined shea butter by KARITÉ naturelle supplies the skin with everything it needs for protection and a healthy balance thanks to its natural active ingredient composition: Precious fatty acids, moisture and vitalising nutrients that smoothen, rejuvenate and regenerate. Shea butter also helps against wrinkles. More about Shea butter
Care for your face and/or body with it daily. Spread in your hands and massage into your skin softly. For a more intense effect – for example shea butter against wrinkles – use a butter with added argan oil or prickly pear pit oil as a „maintenance plus“.
• Naturally pure argan oil is a precious anti ageing oil that gives tired skin its old shine back. It tautens the connective tissue and pads the skin slightly so that it becomes more smooth and elastic, resulting in preventing loss in contour. Additionally it promotes natural cell regeneration and works against wrinkles. More about Argan oil
Use the oil for a few weeks as a revitalising treatment or use it daily for revitalising especially tired, pale skin areas, for example in the face, the neck or the décolleté and/or the hands. The skin on the rest of the body is made especially soft and supple if used as an additive in shea butter.
• Our naturally pure prickly pear pit oil is a luxury nutrition for tired skin. It provides intense moisture, firms and rejuvenates the skin visibly. It reduces „crow’s feet“, bags and shadows under the eyes, and supports cell regeneration, resulting in a more radiant complexion. More about Prickly pear pit oil
Pamper your skin with the precious oil as a treatment. Depending on the need, apply it over the course of several weeks or months to the face, neck and décolleté to provide them with natural freshness. Use it as an additive to our shea butter to provide your skin with visibly better firmness.